The Virginia Economic Developers Association is the voice in Virginia for shaping economic development public policy and a primary source of strong and effective education and networking for economic development professionals.
- To increase the effectiveness of individuals in the practice of economic development in Virginia
- To provide a conduit for exchange of information among the members by verbal, written and electronic means.
- To establish and implement a method of providing input to programs for economic development in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- To offer suggestions and recommendations to insure the Commonwealth of Virginia’s competitive position in economic development.
- To promote the standards of professionalism among economic developers in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- To encourage the pursuit of professional education through programs offered by organizations within and without the Commonwealth of Virginia.